The Victory Vision
The Vision of the Victory Church is to address the total needs of the total person through the Good News Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our aim is to develop a full complement of services and celebrations that speak to the spiritual and the physical; the personal and the political; the mental and the financial dimensions of human life.
The foundation of our ministry rests upon Romans 8:37, which tells us that in all of the vacillations and vicissitudes of life, ‘We are more than conquerors through Christ that loved us.'
What We Believe
- We believe in the triune God: Creator; resurrected Christ, the sole Head of the church; and the Holy Spirit, who guides and brings about the creative and redemptive work of God in the world.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, and should be interpreted through the loving lenses of Jesus Christ.
- We believe we are saved by grace through faith.
- We believe that each person is unique and valuable; it is the will of God that every person belong to a family of faith where they have a strong sense of being valued and loved.
- We believe that humankind was created by God to live in harmony with God. Because of the sins of humankind, Christ died to redeem and reconcile us back to God.
- We believe that each person is on a spiritual journey and that each of us is at a different stage of that journey.
- We believe that the persistent search for God produces an authentic relationship with God, engendering love, strengthening faith, dissolving guilt, and giving life purpose and direction.
- We believe the Scriptures teach that the Christian Sabbath is Sunday. It commemorates the resurrection of Christ from the dead and should be employed in exercises of worship and spiritual devotion.
- We believe that all of the baptized ‘belong body and soul to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, notwithstanding race, gender, sexual orientation, class or creed. We all belong to God and to one worldwide community of faith.
- We believe that all people of faith are invited to join Christ at Christ’s table for the sacrament of Communion. The breaking of bread and the pouring of wine remind us of the costliness of Christ’s sacrifice and the discipleship to which we are all called.
- We believe Victory Church is called to be a united and uniting church.
- We believe that God calls us to be servants in the service of others and to be good stewards of the earth’s resources.
- We believe that the Church is a local body of baptized believers who are associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in Justification we are saved from the penalty of sin.
- We believe that the Victory Church is called to be a prophetic church. As in the tradition of the prophets and apostles, God calls the church to speak truth to power, liberate the oppressed, care for the poor and to comfort the afflicted.
- We believe in the power of peace, and work for nonviolent solutions to local, national, and international problems.
- We believe in the second coming of Christ to rapture the church into everlasting bliss.
- We believe in God, the Eternal Spirit who is made known to us in Jesus our Redeemer.
- We believe we are a people of possibility. At the Victory Church, congregants have the breathing room to explore and hear…for after all, God is still speaking.