The Victory Cares Ministry is a ministry devoted to the ongoing pastoral care of members who have experienced bereavement or illness.
Guidelines For Ways To Ensure That The Victory Church Responds Appropriately At Times Of Bereavement And Illness:
1. Call the Church Office and give all pertinent information to Sister Helen Randolph. Please do not assume that someone will notice your absence. Please do not give the information to the Senior Pastor, the Assistant Pastor, the Minister of Music or any other Minister, Deacon or Member and assume that your request for Pastoral Care will be processed. Please do not give information to Sister Helen Randolph in passing. Please call the Church Office during office hours (Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm and Saturday: 9am-1pm) and speak directly to Sister Helen Randolph. Please do not leave information with anyone else or on the church voicemail. If Sister Helen Randolph is not available to take the information, you will be directed to the designated person.
2. Make sure that you give Sister Helen Randolph accurate information and a working phone number, in the event that the Church needs to contact you for follow-up. We cannot help you if we do not have accurate information.
3. When you speak with Sister Helen Randolph, please indicate your specific request (i.e. call, prayer, visitation, contact information distributed via the website, etc.)
4. It is imperative that all Ministry Coordinators and Church Officers call in the information that they receive regarding sick & shut-in members and members in bereavement to Sister Helen. Whatever procedures you follow to show concern for the members of your particular ministry does not substitute for the appropriate pastoral care response from the wider church.
5. Names are only called on Sunday Mornings for a two week rotation, due to the volume of names submitted. If you would like follow up contact, visitation and prayer, please communicate that to Sister Helen Randolph. The Victory Cares Ministry will ensure ongoing Pastoral Care.
Remember that Victory’s response to your bereavement/sick and shut-in needs begins with the call to Sister Helen Randolph during Church Office hours.